I suggest you ...

To add a scale of likeness for a restaurant

To be able to add a degree of likeness. I do not love all the restaurants I bookmark I merely like some and don't want them to be in the same category as the others.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JLJL shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jared WyattJared Wyatt responded  · 

Thank you to everyone for weighing in on this suggestion!

After much consideration, we think it best to avoid yet another service that has its own star ratings, opting instead to rely on existing systems for this. In version 3, we have now integrated Yelp ratings for many restaurants.

Additionally, we realized that “want to try” and “love” is a false dichotomy, and have therefore added a 3rd option of simply “tried”. We hope this will provide the desired granularity and solve the primary pain point behind this suggestion.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaryMary commented  · 

I do also wish that this was another feature to add in down the road for people to use IF they want. I think the simplicity that you're going for is great, but I'd love for the "tried it" or "loved it" to pop up with an additional quick option to put a score of 1-10. Maybe this is something that could be turned off or on within settings.

My husband and I go to so many places and are truly looking for a comprehensive tracker...it'd be nice to be able to get a top list of those favorites!

• SimonSimon commented  · 

I guess I would dissent from this. I think the ratings are unnecessary, because so many other factors are going to be considered when deciding where to eat, like what neighborhood it's in and whether or not you can get a reservation. I actually like NOT rating things for once, because it makes the process of adding restaurants quick and easy. And for crying out loud, if you don't love a restaurant, don't put it in your list!

It forces you to make *that* decision.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please allow us to star or give different ratings to the places. Not all of them are equally loved!

• Michael WMichael W commented  · 

Yes, add a +1 button, kind if like the Voting system in forums

• Anonymous commented  · 

I totally agree with this suggestion. It just makes perfect sense. Sometimes I'm not really thrilled with a particular place but I may want to go back there for some reason or other... then I'll still take their matchbook.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I love this app but I wholeheartedly agree with these posts. This is my only complaint with the app. There should be an option to rate your own bookmarks. At the very least there should be some sort of other option aside from "love" and "want to try".

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Great idea. We don't like all places equally. Allows us to separate the wheat from the chaff. An option to dislike a place is also good.

• LukeLuke commented  · 

In addition to a 1-5 star rating I'd like to be able to mark certain places as favorites.
        Maybe as a third option in addition to the two existing ones 'want to go' and 'I went'?
        My favorite places change and even if I rated a place with five stars it might not be one of my favorites at the moment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base